We have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Director with experience in developing and managing IT Service business in the Health and Public Sector. This position is to be based in Central Leeds.
Our clients are a global technology organisation focussed on providing innovative solutions to their customers. Their teams work to overcome technology challenges, delivering cost savings and operational efficiency to customers in Government, Health, Education and Emergency Services.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Director of Public Services and be responsible for flawless delivery on all Health related programmes whilst ensuring the business has the right operational capability to meet current and future resourcing requirements.
Performance manage and develop staff and to ensure work is focussed on achieving the strategic and business objectives.
- Responsible for financial commitments to include Orders, Sales, EBIT and Cash
- Forge strong relationships with customers at the executive level.
- Ensuring programme execution and growth of existing contracts.
- Primary escalation/executive interface point for Programme Managers.
- Primary executive escalation/interface point for customers when escalation is required beyond the Programme Managers.
- Direct input into growth strategy development and implementation.
- Workforce planning and talent management and ensuring our staff enjoy challenging and rewarding work.
- Work to identify and qualify new business opportunities.
- Work with Technology Leadership to address evolving technology and then meet those identified future competence requirements through recruitment or development of existing employees.
- Line management of selected programme management functional staff.
- Lead strategic captures/campaigns as required.
- Work within and promote the ethical standards laid down by the Company.
WHO DO WE NEED?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive demonstrable experience in complex software/IT sales or equivalent sectors
- A strong network within the Health sector
- Proven experience in a Programme Delivery & Operations position
- Proven ability to hold profit and loss responsibility for in excess of £100m or similar business size is essential.
- Proven track record in successfully managing budgets and projects on a diverse array of contracts.
- Strong Leadership skills and inter-personal skills.
- An enthusiastic and energetic approach to business.
- Ability to rapidly gain an in-depth understanding of the commercial and technical aspects of the business.
- An in-depth understanding of the current markets, trends and new developments, and how these relate to the current business vision and growth strategy.
Key Measures of Success:
- Successful achievement of Financial, Operational and Strategic commitments.
- Flawless execution and meeting targeted growth of existing contracts.
- Achievement of target utilisation of staff across the business areas.
- 360-degree feedback from staff, colleagues and customers.
- Management of customer escalations based on proactive relationship and performance management.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Our clients offer an exciting, challenging and inclusive place to work. They strive to provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Their Total Value reward scheme includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Access to Flexible Benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Eric Scott – 07789907243
Please ensure you provide us with your current salary, notice period and salary expectations.