Head of Information Technology
Based in England
Are you extremely technical and able to strategically support, manage and mentor our outstanding team of IT Security Consultants? Are you excited by new challenges, passionate about security and delivering the best possible tests and remediation for your clients? Do you want to part of a CREST-affiliated company?
We are now seeking an experienced Head of Information Technology with experience in Penetration Testing, interested in working for a dynamic organisation in a fast-paced working environment. As a member of the management team, you will be a strategic thinker and key to driving our next level of planned growth. This important strategic hire will report directly to our Technical Director. A competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including share options and pension scheme and more is on offer to the right candidate.
You will be a Manager with Penetration testing experience. We are looking for a candidate a with at least 5+ years’ experience.
The successful candidate will be located in England. Non-UK applicants will also be considered if able to relocate to the UK. You will enjoy working for a smaller, dynamic, focussed organisation where every member of the team is Passionate about Total Security Management. The successful candidate will be required to perform a range of IT Security consulting services.
Key Candidate Criteria:
- Inspire and manage a team of consultants
- Be a key member of the management team
- Have strong team leadership and people management experience
- To be able communicate with and motivate a small but growing team of people
- An experienced Penetration Tester/Technically adept in manual penetration testing (both internally and externally) and extremely technical in information security architecture
- Self-reliant and flexible
- Customer-facing, comfortable presenting your findings to our clients.
- Have worked in a large datacentre (i.e. be comfortable with switch patching and testing procedures when located in a datacentre). Understands technical details of pentesting, such as buffer overflows, XSS, SQL Injection, etc and the full OWASP Top 10.
- Have in-depth knowledge of using manual penetration testing proxies such as Burp suite pro
- to good effect
- Must be able to at least explain in English how a ROP attack is found and executed; also able to provide delivery of solutions on-site to clients for both Windows and Linux environments
- Must have strong technical understanding of current security trends and solutions
- Experience in Pre/Post Sales and working closely with the sales team is desirable
- You must be able to document report in English to a high level. Additional languages would also be a bonus but not necessary.
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic and skilled individual that is client facing and personable
- You can hold one or more of the following (CREST, CLAS, CHECK, Tiger Team, CISSP, OSCP, OSCE), other qualifications will also be considered.
- Travel throughout Europe for projects/meetings but mainly based in the UK
- You will agree to undergo a technical test plus interview and to provide suitable references
- Be punctual and meet agreed deadlines
- Based from home and on client premises predominantly in the UK but also Europe/the US on occasion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo background screening and offers of employment will be subject to the results of this screening.
- Competitive salary with annual reviews
- Performance-related bonuses
- Company pension scheme
- Company Share Option scheme
- Length of Service is linked with increases in allocated holiday days
- Car Allowance (for certain positions)
- Parking/Season ticket scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Bonuses for employee referrals
- Structured learning and development plans which can include support for professional qualifications
- Entertainment and social activities
- Annual eye tests